Is It God or Satan?
Being the great counterfeit that he is, Satan tries to disguise himself as someone we should listen to regarding our sin.
And when we hear the subtle grace-whispers from our heavenly Father, we tend to think, “This is too good to be true.” And we turn our ear back to our old slave master who actually has no authority over us anymore–not since we trusted in Jesus as our Savior!
So how should you determine if what you are “hearing” is from God or Satan? Pretty simple, really. Check this out:
Discerning What is from God or from Satan
- God convicts us in love. BUT Satan accuses us in hatred.
- The Holy Spirit uses the Word of God to convict us. BUT Satan uses feelings and memories to accuse us.
- When God convicts us, it draws us closer to Him. BUT when Satan accuses us, it pulls us away from the Lord.
- God’s conviction leads to discipleship and devotion. BUT Satan’s accusations lead to depression and discouragement.
- When God convicts it is so we might look ahead and have hope. BUT when Satan accuses, he wants us to look back and give up.
Decide now. To whom will you listen?
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (Romans 8:1)