Heading to South America!
Every year, thousands of poor children and elderly people who dwell in the high altitudes of the Andes Mountains die from the extreme cold winters. What’s worse is that most of them die without knowing Jesus. God has opened a door for our small team to deliver blankets and Bibles to these precious people!
It’s winter where we’re going this Friday. Peru, South America is our destination. I have the privilege of leading our team to Andahuaylas, Peru–a developing town that sits at 10,000 feet in the Andes Mountains. We will be traveling even higher into the countryside to deliver the blankets and Bibles in the Spanish language, and we will meet the beautiful people of Peru, many of which are descendants of the Incas, called Quechua.
I will also be speaking at the new seminary in Andahuaylas on evangelism. This will be a 4-night conference, and I’m very excited about it! Most of Peru believes in a works-earned salvation, a cult, or they follow pagan gods. As I get to teach on evangelism training, there will be many who come who don’t know Jesus.
Would you pray for us? There have been a few hurdles associated with this trip. Listed below is our prayer requests:
- There is a strike currently in Andahuaylas among the road construction workers that may prevent us from getting there. We have Plan B laid out which is to work out of Lima, but our desire is to get to where the heart of the ministry is. Please pray that this strike will settle today.
- Pray for continued unity of our team. We have a great and godly team, but the enemy will attack where he wants.
- Pray for us as we minister to the people, both in the distribution of the blankets and Bibles and as we share at the evangelism conference.
- Pray for our team to handle the altitude well. Altitude sickness can affect anyone, no matter how in shape you are.
- Pray for my back. I have a bulging disk and have been to the chiropractor many times in the last 2 weeks. It’s much better, but I need to be careful.
- Praise God for our full funding!
- Pray for boldness and safety.
- And pray for Mike and Tammy Riggs and their son, Chris. Mike started the seminary and is training many needed pastors for the 1,200+ churches in the Apurimac region of Peru. As part of our team, they have worked out the details in Peru. They also need to raise more support to continue their good work.
I can’t wait to share with you how our trip went! If you’re on Facebook, we will try to upload pictures and video through our week in Peru.
Thank you all for your prayers! We firmly believe that petitioning our great God is the backbone of our mission. God bless you all!